Self-Critique

SELF-CRITIQUE

1. Who were the sources?
My sources were my grandma, my mother, and my father.

2. Summarize in 1-3 sentences the story:
The story is about my father and his journey from moving from one side of the globe to the other side of the globe. He discusses his hardships from moving and leaving his family behind. My grandma and my mom discuss how my fathers decision affected them and impacted their lives today.

3. How many paragraphs is the story?
30 Paragraphs.
4. How many words is the story?
871 words.

5. How many direct quotes are there in the story?
18 direct quotes.

6. How many different people are quoted in the story?
3 different people are quoted in the story.

7. Which quote is the most impactful of all the ones included?
“I have learned to never give up and lose faith in what i’m doing, never giving up on my journey allowed me to succeed and complete my desires on moving,” said Pratik, “ I also learned that everything happens for a reason, some of the challenges I faced happened for one reason, and that reason was to allow me to learn from my mistakes and take something from them.”

8. Where is that quote located in the story (beginning, middle, end)?

Towards the end,  it is in the conclusion paragraph.
9. Does the lede effectively capture the readers attention?
Yes, it makes the readers want to know about my fathers journey.

10. If their could have been one additional person interviewed for the story, who would it be?
My Grandpa.

11. Is the story objective, which means are all non-direct quotes statements of fact and NOT the opinion of the writer?
Yes all non -direct quotes are facts and not opinions the writer.

12. Are there any unanswered questions that you have after reading the article?
No I used a specific topic and explained it in great detail.

13. Write a headline to go with this story:
Life moving across the globe.

14. Sum up your opinion of the story:
I think the story is very impactful and helped me learn about the challenges my dad faced to better his family in America.

15. Give yourself a self grade from 0-100
95





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C.E. #6.2

Free Write