Feature Story Final


He left to better his family.


Living in a country surrounded in poverty from one end to the other, the opportunity to leave this country and benefit his life in a civilized country like America, ten years ago,  was the goal for Pratik Patel. He packed his bag in 1998, grabbed a flight, and left to better his family.


“He is the hardest worker I know and  he knew his future resided in America,” Pratiks wife, Rashmi Patel said.


Pratik was determined to move to qualitize his family's future as well as his future.


“I wanted to move because I wanted my work in a country that was accepting and in a good place to raise a family,” Pratik said, “what drove me to move initially was the opportunity that had been placed upon me.”  

The opportunity that had arisen regarding work allowed them to make the decision to move, across the globe, to America. Moving to America allowed for more opportunities in the future for his family.


“It has opened a big door for his daughters when it came to education and has helped me better myself as well,” Rashmi said.


The process of immigrating and changing his life had just began for Pratik Patel.


“The immigration process had all begun in January of 1998, we packed our bags, said bye to all of our family members and left to better ourselves in America.” Rashmi said. The journey began for my parents and allowed my parents to grow and learn from their journey across the globe.


Immigration was known to be challenging as it took many months and even years to accomplish.


“The immigration process was tedious and time consuming, but with the right mindset I was able to soar through the process,” Pratik said.



With the help of his motivation and determination, the new life had now began for Pratik Patel.


“We landed early the next day as stressed as can be, but Pratiks determination allowed us to take the next big leap to succeed in this  new country,” Rashmi said.


Pratik had to adapt to the new country around him by learning new skills.


“I had to learn a new language, get a U.S driver's license and understand where to go to find the nearest gas station or grocery store. Moving had placed hardships but I learned to adapt to them,” Pratik said.


Moving countries comes with many new ways of life that one must get used to and adapt to.


“His urge to work so hard influenced many including me, his story of learning new languages and adapting to a new country, allowed me to put him in high regards,” Rashmi said.


With moving across the globes comes many obstacles.


“When I stumbled across an obstacle I told myself that everything will be worth it in the end,” Pratik said, “my mindset allowed me to succeed, also my urge to never give because I didn’t want to upset my family.”


Moving across the globe had benefited Pratik and impacted his life.


“It has impacted his life greatly because he has grown a family along with a business and money to support his family,” Pratiks mother in law , Mela Patel said. “My life has benefited because I have raised a family and bettered my life as a whole. Moving has changed me for the better, I have had the biggest accomplishment and pride from moving,” Pratik said


With everything good comes a bad, a major barrier and challenge Pratik faced was the fact that there was nearly eight thousand miles between Pratik and his family. Although, he has faced many obstacles his determination to never give up allowed him to see the light at the end of the tunnel.


“One of the biggest obstacles was to leave my family behind, I was devastated , but I knew I could communicate with them and fly them here to America to spend time with me,” Pratik said, “My family means the world to me and leaving them shattered me but in America my family were ensured of my success.”


Despite the language barrier and the many hardships, a year after moving life was the same as they imagined it would be. Moving has laid a platform for his family and has allowed him to succeed.


“Life was exactly as I had envisioned, my motivation to never give up allowed me to buy a house a and raise a family,” Pratik said.


Pratik had learned many lessons on the journey he took to benefit his family and himself.


“This journey has been spectacular and has helped me grow as a person, I have learned countless lessons from this awarding journey,” Pratik said.


He retained firm in his beliefs to move and his goals to accomplish on his journey.


“I have learned to never give up and lose faith in what i’m doing, never giving up on my journey allowed me to succeed and complete my desires on moving,” Pratik said, “ I also learned that everything happens for a reason, some of the challenges I faced happened for one reason, and that reason was to allow me to learn from my mistakes and take something from them.”


He had bettered his family.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C.E. #6.2

Free Write