Current Events Quiz #1

Short Answers
#1-U.S District Judge Nelva Gonzales Ramos

#2-USS John S. McCain 


#3- The police were suffering long-term effects from carbon monoxide poisoning that they believe came from their police cars

#4-50 million people

#5- I would like to attend the Beam to Bar because I get to make Chocolate and customize my own chocolate bar.

Long Response: 
#1-It was around 1 p.m when workers were covering statues of Gen. Robert E. Lee because of the city's mourning for a women who was killed while protesting. Later Wednesday, a man was cutting the tarp with a knife, when police decided to shroud the statues, many groups of members clashed violently. 

#2-No, I don't believe the statues should have been shrouded because it doesn't seem appropriate that the city's mourning of the death of that women should result in the shrouding of the statue of General Lee, a historic hero.

#3-I believe that the statues at UT shouldn't have been removed because they each symbolize the historical events and importance of our country. The hero's that fought for our country shouldn't have to be covered because they represented not only for our country, but for the Americans today.

#4-Yes, I do care about these statues because they represent a great deal in our country. These statues are a remembrance of the past history of our country, and represent the hero that fought to allow us to live liberally.

#5- No, I haven't heard anyone talk about these statues nor have I participated in discussions, but I have seen a great amount of protest about them all over the news. I think the reason people are protesting is to spread their opinion on the importance of these statues.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

C.E. #6.2

Free Write